May 20, 2013

Tough Mudder 2013 Chicago

On Sunday, May 19th the "Mudhawks" participated in the 11 mile/21 obstical Tough Mudder in Seneca.  After tired legs, our group of 9 made it through.  Here are some pictures:




At the starting pen:

Off and running:

Picture just ahead of first challenge: Artic Enema

Taking the plunge into ice water!


Getting Tired, not even 1/4 way through


Getting ready to walk with my wood


Got a partner to help with my wood


We picked a good piece


Climbing the Ladder to Hell
Back to running

Regathering ourselves for the next challenge

Getting Ready for Twinkle Toes

Looking things over

Discussing strategy with Fitz

Here goes nothing

Give me something hard!

I really have to get in there?

Half way through.  Piece of cake!

Running some sore knees!

Drying off my hands for Funky Monkey

Hold on for life!

Made it.  Now just two more obstacles!

Climbing Everest.  Just missed the first attempt.  Darn.

Here.  Let me help you up!

I got you!

Not too bad!  Enjoy the view with my team

Last Obstacle.  Electoshock Therapy.  Ouch - just before my face plant.


Finished!  Now to quench my thirst!

Muddy, but very much alive!

Rehydrating with the team

Got lots of great stories to tell!

We made it.  Definitely Tough!

Great Job Mudhawks!




1 comment:

  1. You made it through? Good Job! It's fun to see how the events change a little from year to year. When Joe and I did it, the twinkle toes didn't have the raised portion in the middle. One of these days I would like to do another now that I know the tricks

    ReplyDelete