July 25, 2010

Travel Plans

I forgot to mention our travel plans.
When we arrive in Zurich in the morning of the 29th, we will be taking a train to Friburg where we will be picked up by the organizing committee of the tournament. We will be taken to our hotel accommodations at the Park Inn (parkinn.com, click on Switzerland, then Lully) near a very small town called Lully. The cost of the hotel include board. The room will be quite nice, at least according to the pictures. The drive will take about 15 minutes. The competition, at Domdidier, is another 10 minutes north of Lully, so I imagine the organizing committee will need to commute us back and forth. It's part of the package and I'm sure it will be a bus of some sort.

Domdidier is a very small farming community of about 2500 people. I have seen some pictures of the town with the Swiss Alps in the background. There won't be a lot to do, but I'm sure we will be investigating the town quite closely. If not, we have four day Swiss train pass.

Just for kicks, here is a video of Jamie Kasser and me wrestling at the Nationals. He will be in my bracket at the Worlds too. I hope that I don't need to wrestle him again, unless in the finals.

1 comment:

  1. Rob -
    Switzerland sounds fantastic. The wrestling weight is something to be admired, too!

    You are missing very hot & humid weather in Chicagoland. Rain also. Wisconsin has been "closed" - - literally - - -because of a deluge of rainfall. We are setting records with rainfall for June/July.
    Keep posting.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete